Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Third Grade Teacher With a Porta-Potty


This story comes from Alexis, the super genius. She is age 22 and will be finishing medical school in 6 months. She could have skipped a few more years but her parents did not want her going to college at age 12. The wife of the founder of Facebook graduated from Harvard U. and went medical school from age 23 to age 27 which is the average age.

She has a story on her blog about her mother learning teaching from a third grade teacher who has a porta-potty in her classroom. Alexis is a great writer and this story of hers is very funny and entertaining. I had a great time reading it. Her title is Possibly the Most Bat-shit Crazy Teacher in History.

I will give you the beginning of it to see how it starts out and it gets funnier from there.
The semester in sixth grade was only half the year.  For the second half of the year, my mom was assigned to third grade with a teacher we shall call Mrs. Delphine. (It's close to but not exactly her name.)  My mom thought it was a bit strange when the school principal and the university's student teaching supervisor walked with her to the classroom to introduce my mom to Mrs. Delphine. The principal first knocked, then, hearing no response, used his master key to let himself and the others into the room.  Mrs. Delphine was seated behind her desk, but not in her desk chair. She was atop a porta-potty that she had delivered to her classroom through some private company. when the porta-potty was not in used, she stored it under a counter.  She swore to the principal that she never used it in the presence of the students. Throughout the semester, my mom saw evidence that such was not the case.
This part of the story ends with "She was carted away in restraints." Then it ends with this teacher coming to the wedding of Alexis's mother. It is nice to still be friends with Alexis.

There was a girl living about 30 feet from me. She was around 7 years old and her father was in jail her whole life and she never met him. Her mother had a problem with meth so she was not fully emotionable available. At least she had a brother that was 3 years older than her.

Once I was digging a ditch for water to go when it came out of the washing machine. This girl was sitting on the ground and talking to me to keep me company. She said to me "Do you love my mother?" I said "Yes." Then she asked "Do you love me?" I said "Yes." She was very happy. I guess this meant like she had a real dad.

So one day it was nice outside and her brother was riding a little motor bike. Her mother was talking to a neighbor. This little girl loves putting together jigsaw puzzles. But she wants to do it with someone but no one wants to do it with her. So she and I brought a little table and chairs outside and started putting together jigsaw puzzles.

I knew that little kids get much more negative feedback than positive feedback so I gave Chandra (the little girl) lots of positive feedback. We put together 3 puzzles. It took 4 hours to do this and at the end I needed a flashlight. She tapes them together and hangs them up. When I went home, I felt so good that I knew it was one of the best times in my life.

One time I was waiting for them to get home and wish them happy Valentine's Day. They got home at 7PM but the brother was at a freind's house so the mother wanted me to stay and play with Chandra. She had never heard me use the voice I use to make inanimate objects talk. Kids love this voice. So the mother made us hot chocolate while we played in the kitchen with her toy animals.

So while she was drinking hot chocolate I made one of the little animals talk with that voice and Chandra started laughing and hot chocolate came out of her nose and mouth. This made her laugh even harder.

So after playing around 4 hours it was around 11PM. Chandra told her mother that she was going to bring out her Easy Bake Oven and would play with that. The mother said she could do that (there was no school the next day) or I could come over tomorrow and do that, so that was a better idea.

Since the mother started using meth again, she had to move out. Then her kids were taken away by the state. Their father's parents take care of the kids but they live in Oregon while I live in Arizona.

One time this girl and I were taking a walk with her brother. She had her computer phone with her. I asked her to tell her phone to search for Monty Python dead parrot. She got the video and thought it was so funny, because it was so ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment