Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Alexis Got Her Leg Broken at Her Medical School by the Teacher

UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay Consistently ranked among the nation's top medical schools, the UCSF School of Medicine earns its greatest distinction from its outstanding faculty – among them are four Nobel laureates, 81 National Academy of Medicine members, 64 American Academy of Arts and Sciences members, 41 National Academy of Sciences members, and 19 Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators. [Not specifying the medical school that this happened at. Just highlighting a very good medical school.]

This is an unusual story called Alexis in the Sky With Diamonds. Note that the song by The Beatles called Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds is a reference to LSD. Here is quote from the beginning of the post on this.
I was the victim of a freak accident at the very end of my workday earlier this evening, and now I'm in extreme pain. I didn't bother to fill a prescription for pain meds because I didn't think they would be needed. Suffice it to say that I was wrong. Dead wrong. 
My supervising resident and I were going over charts. My presence isn't really needed in order for him to go over the charts, as the guy does not allow me  to actually write anything in a patient's chart, but he has been unbelievably reluctant to allow me to leave before his workday has finished even though my workday has usually started roughly two hours before his began. He invents work for me so that he can justify making me stay. He asked me to read all of the charts before he made notations and to comment. He then made his notations and asked me to read them. In most cases he wrote down what I said verbatim. The activity was a complete waste of my time. 
For some reason unbeknownst to me, the resident had his laptop in the physicians' computer pod.  Residents don't usually need their personal laptops, but his was there, plugged in and charging. As he was finishing up, he picked up his laptop, apparently forgetting that it was plugged in. The adapter part of the charger flew off the table on which it had been resting. It swung and hit my left lateral malleolus (the wide protuberance of the fibula where it reaches the ankle) very hard and probably, judging from the residual bruise, struck my ankle with one of its edges. It was a relatively flukish occurrence -- probably not even in the top five of flukish accidents involving me, but still a rather freak happening. I don't think the two of us could recreate the mishap with the same outcome if we attempted it a hundred times.
Her ankle was broken. You can read the rest of it. Here is the image where this is from. Please note that the more mindful people are, the less accidents there are. Let us say that a person is acting like a freaking maniac , instead of a calm person, they are more dangerous.  A police officer has to identify the threat quickly because his life is in danger.



Her next post goes into more detail about the damage that she had done. But as you go into more detail on this you learn the advantages of this. They love to make medical students work insane hours so they usually are sleep deprived. So because of the above and damage to knee of her other leg, she is only working 8 hours a day and has plenty of time to sleep.

Also she gets to explain to us this new type of temporary, permanent cast that otherwise, without news about new things, I would not know about leg-lengthening where young women pay to get their legs broken and be a cripple for 2 years to be five inches taller as told about in A Tall Order.

It's painful and slow, but can make you five inches taller. Jonathan Watts on the surgical trend sweeping China - leg-lengthening

Kong Jing-wen has paid £5,700 to have both of her legs broken and stretched on a rack. The pretty college graduate is now lying in bed, clearly still in considerable pain three days after a doctor sawed through the flesh and bone below her knee to insert what looks an awful lot like knitting needles through the length of her tibiae.

These giant steel pins are connected by eight screws punched horizontally through her ankle and calf to a steel cage surrounding each leg. Once the bone starts to heal, these cages will act like a medieval torture device - each day over the next few months Kong will turn the screws a fraction and stretch her limbs more and more until she has grown by 8cm.

Despite the agony, the cost and the inconvenience, the 23-year-old says she does not regret a thing. "It hurts, but it will be worth it to be taller. I'll have more opportunities in life and a better chance of finding a good job and husband."
Also there have to be some benefits to having your teacher at a medical school breaking your leg! Also I have an article about the 2 Biggest Secrets of Life and this fits right in with that.

Also now that she has some extra time, she is watching some Youtube videos. Here is one that placed that I really liked. This young woman is a really bad singer (she posted it on August 12). It shows that the parents have the same problem. So they came on to yell at the judges and Simon tells them that they created their daughter's problem. Priceless.



Then on August 17 she has a post called When the Moon is in the Seventh House that is talking about the temporary cast .  Now hasn't this event given her a lot to write about creating another benefit of this event? I am still not done yet. Apparently she had to keep some of this information secret.

On August 22 she put up the post Unrequited Love and Fisticuffs where the two guys are fighting about milady or my lady. (Milady (from my lady) is a French manner of address to a noble woman, the feminine form of milord.) A friend of hers is telling her teacher off and he takes a swing at this friend. But this guy was able to finish it with one punch. Alexis says:
A cohort mate of mine -- one I had considered a friend though not necessarily a bosom buddy --  returned from a visiting clerkship to learn of my injury. I'm not sure why my cohort mate took my bad news so acutely, but when he met up with the careless resident  (there was more to the story that I wasn't and still am not  free to share), following a heated argument during which the resident threw the first punch, my cohort blocked the jab and responded with a knockdown punch at the resident. I'm told that the response was measured and that my cohort mate could have done far more damage than he chose to do.
So in the end our heroine and writer of the blog wins. Maybe someday she will have the most popular blog there is. Also stay tuned in because you do not know if this story is completely over yet. I am glad that she gets to have some fun.

I forgot how to access the profile part of my blog so I will put this here for now.
Preventing Cancer and Other Health Issues
Self Improvement
Ancient Inspiration
Latest Natural Health News

1 comment:

  1. Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Leading Social Trading Network!

    Join 1,000,000's who have already discovered smarter strategies for investing in Ripple.

    Learn from profitable eToro traders or copy their positions automatically!

    ReplyDelete