Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Attic That Almost Killed Alexis

This is not Alexis but she chose it as woman that looks like her.

Alexis is gifted! She could have gone to college at age 12, but her parents thought that was too young. To learn more about her, see my previous posts or her website. This may be the best story I have ever read. You can read about it in her words.

In this case Alexis is 15 years old. She had multiple fractures, kidney infection and was on crutches. Her parents would not be able to take of her so they hired the father's sister to take care of her for 5 days. Her husband is an M.D. and they have many children.

Now instead of taking her to another floor to rest in a bed like a hospital, they take her to an unfinished attic. They also took away her cell phone and they just left her food to eat. There is no bathroom. She is just given diapers to wear and baby wipes to change herself. Also she had to conserve diapers. So you can read for yourself what happens after this.

She now is a third year medical student at age 22 just like her twin brother. Also she gets 100 on medical exams. Also the dean of the medical school (actually his wife) had a last minute cancellation of the female star of the play, Grease. Since Alexis can learn parts very fast, she played the female star of that play. Here is an adorable picture of her when she was a baby.



See her story of this at:


There is a reference to Jessica Beagley. She punished her young son by forcing him to eat hot sauce and taking cold showers. The article below has a video on it. Now I am not a Christian. I am a Jew but I think it is great advice to "Do unto others as you have them do unto you."


Picture from link above

Here is some information about me when I was 14 years old as a contrast to the above. My rich, retired grandfather treated my brother and I like his sons. I had been to a Boy Scout National Jamboree in Boise, ID where the scouts visited Yellowstone National Park. Then I went to Boy Scout World Jamboree in Japan. I lived my whole life in Philadelphia, PA.

So it was 3 weeks long and cost a lot of money. The first 2 weeks we toured all around Japan staying in different hotels and seeing many sites including many Buddhist temples. I was doing martial arts like karate at this time so the trip was extra valuable to me. We even saw a karate school demonstration.

The last week we camped at the base of Mt. Fuji with Boy Scouts from all over the world. My best friend there was a Maori boy and they are the indigenous people of New Zealand. They are a warrior race. This Maori boy was very noble and also very nice.

When we got back to the Philadelphia airport a news photographer was having Boy Scouts pose with samurai clothes and a samurai sword. They must have liked my photograph the best since it was on the cover of The Philadelphia Inquirer.

So my grandfather got a professional photograph of this and framed it. He also paid for boxing lessons and then karate lessons that included tai chi. I did yoga on my own at the same age of 12. He also would take us (mother, brother and I) out to eat at nice restaurants about 4 times a week.

But I saved the best for last. At the beginning of every summer vacation, we moved into an expensive hotel on the beach in Atlantic City. We would eat every meal in a nice restaurant. We would be on the beach all morning. Then we would spend all afternoon at the pool overlooking the beach. Then we would have the rest of the day to enjoy the boardwalk and what it had to offer. So I had an extremely nice time growing up.




Most Beautiful Attic Design Ideas (4 minutes)



Fixer Upper: Attic Bedroom Design (2 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment